My sister in law (technically my brother in law's wife), Julie, had her baby yesterday! A little girl! Sophia. :) Sophia is the 15th from her generation, the second girl born, and the first little girl born in Utah (yeah, I have recently acquired 13 nephews and 2 nieces now in addition to the nephew and nieces I had previously). I'm excited to meet her. :)
Dave has been in school for three days now, enough time to kind of getting an idea of what he is in for for the remainder of the semester. I am sure he doesn't agree with me, but I am glad that he has his classes every day- the classes are short and it's a lot easier to reinforce ideas when repeatedly dealing with them, rather than one three hour class per week. (That being said, I always tried to sign up for the three hour class once a week).
His Physiology class uses this transmitter thingy in class. I'm not certain of the details, but it's an electronic transmitter that students will use to answer questions during quizzes. (I have visions of the transmitters from "who wants to be a millionaire" in my head, but I really have no clue). It sounds kind of cool. I think my sister, Leanne, was talking about how they were trying to use something similar to this at the school where she teaches...
There's a three day weekend this week and I don't think Dave and I will be doing anything special. I'll try to convince him to go for a hike one of the days but we'll see. I love three day weekends but it's really too hard to plan anything for them- hotels are usually booked (or really expensive) and I'm really too lazy to try to drive anywhere.
Wish there were more exciting things to report, but I'm the lame one these days. :) I think I got all my excitement out of the way during the summer. Now that fall is beginning it appears I'll be going into hibernation. :) Speaking of fall... it's finally getting cooler here... We try to sleep with the windows open as often as possible and last night I had to get another blanket because it was so cold out. I am not sure if it will even make 80 degrees today (but then again, the day is still young). This being Utah, it will more than likely warm up again, but it's a good reminder that fall is on the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment