Friday, August 29, 2008

Autumn is approaching...


I'm glad. Really. But I'm not ready. The forecast for this weekend is cold. :( Saturday it will be hot but a storm blows in on Sunday dropping the temperature about 30 degrees and then Monday we're going to be stayingin the 60's. (That's a big change from the 90 degree weather we've been having lately). They've even forecasted snow in the Uintas! You'll have to start watching soon for my posting about the first snow of the year. Last year I think the first snow was in mid September (granted I was at a higher elevation then than I am now). The sad thing was that I was planning on going hiking on Monday with Dave and my friend Scott. Now who knows.


But I'm not complaining- I love a good storm and it has been way too long since we have had one. The last storm that passed through here happened while Dave and I were on our honeymoon. It was raining so hard some parts of the valley flooded, but where we were (at Snowbird) it was clear all day.


It's almost jacket weather in the morning anyway. The weather here makes me laugh- I guess I'm still not used to the big changes in temperature. It's not uncommon to have a 30 degree change in one day (lows in the 60's, highs in the 90's). Jacket in the morning, tank top in the afternoon.

No comments: