Friday, September 19, 2008

Little Sneak...

So my bad habit (I've actually narrowed my "bad habits" down significantly) lately has been my love for soda.... sweet, carbonated, caffienated soda. The sight of a Mt. Dew can fills my tummy with warm thoughts.

Well, the thing is that Dave thought I had given up soda months ago and was so proud of me. Until last night. The truth came out.

At work we have a ready supply of cold Mt. Dew and Dr. Pepper for $0.30. That's awesome. And it's just a few feet away so it's almost impossible to resist. All morning long I can hear the echo of soda cans opening as my coworkers indulge themselves. So most days, I do too.

Dave noticed that the pile of change in the car was diminishing and asked where it was going. I tried to play it non-chalant and avoid having to answer (it is completely impossible for me to even half lie or tell "half truths" to Dave). Finally I admitted to having hundreds of sodas- at least one a day.

Sigh.... So if I seem grumpy next week, it's me giving up soda again.

2 comments:

McKenzie said...

Have I told you how much I love you even if you drink hundreds of sodas! I too am a recovering sodaholic!

Ferguson Family said...

I too sneak pop----jeez I found myself buying a six pack of pepsi tonight as my husband went out town for the weekend... ooops. good luck on weaning yourself, you have some serious will power!