Thursday, September 4, 2008

Forward Thinking

Today I just can't seem to live in the moment. It's only early September and I am already thinking/planning of things in October. I just seem to be getting ahead of myself...

The most exciting thing about September is that Dave's birthday is on the 15th (he's going to be 29!), which is a Monday, so we'll celebrate on the 13th. We're going to spend the day doing what he wants and we'll spend the afternoon up at Snowbird. (I have a massage booked for him). Oktoberfest is also going on up at Snowbird so it will be fun to wander up there and see what is going on.

Other than that my mind is already well into October- I'm looking forward to our trip to the Oregon Coast and to Halloween (one of my favorite holidays). I want to decorate our place and carve jack 'o lanterns already (but I'm holding out until October). As much as I want to decorate I have a hard time committing myself to it- it's only Dave and I that would see it and I know that Dave won't care. I guess that decorating will have to be something I do for myself. And Halloween costumes- yikes- I have to start planning those! McKenzie and Doss always have the best halloween costumes (I'm jealous) so I know I won't be able to top those.

I don't know- I must have a case of fall fever or something. I am so excited for the leaves to change colors, for the air to have that crisp edge to it, and to smell smoke from wood stoves in the air. It doesn't help that this week has been pretty cool- hovering in the mid 70's (if that).

Anyway, that is where most of my thoughts have been all day. If you have some fun Fall/Halloween decorating ideas, I'd love to hear them.


1 comment:

McKenzie said...

It looks like this Halloween you will probably have a better costume than Doss and I. I'm not sure how much time or money we will have to work on ours once we move to oregon. As for decorating, I have no idea. But you should totally do it. Even if you are the only one that will care at least you'll feel good everytime you go home!!