This weekend I learned a lot about painting. And I learned it the hard way. I decided to paint an accent wall in our living room and kitchen (I picked the wall that wrapped from our living room into our kitchen). Dave and I had decided to do a nice bright green to spice up the living room and kitchen a little bit (well, I decided on green and then Dave and I agreed on the shade).
I learned:
*that just because you use painters tape, it doesn't mean that your lines will come out strait or that the paint won't seep below the tape and get all over the place;
* that there really is such thing as too much paint on the roller (and no matter how much rolling you do, it will still drip);
*that paint takes a while to dry- a long while;
*that dogs are very curious about paint;
*it is not nearly as much fun as it looks.
Next weekend I have a lot of touching up to do (mainly along the ceiling- got to fix those lines).
In other news... My siblings are moving the mainland this weekend! McKenzie, Doss, and Jamieson are all flying out on Sunday, September 28! How exciting! Jamiesion is going to be driving from Oregon to Minnesota so he's going to stop and stay with Dave and I the following weekend (October 4). We are so excited to have him stay with us!
1 comment:
I thionk Jamieson is the only one I haven't met yet...
Post a Comment