Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Katydid and Emergencies


So I walked out of our condo this morning and saw the coolest bug ever- a Katydid. It looked like a leaf attached to the wall next to our door. It was so awesome.

Otherwise it has been a slow, quiet day. I did the recertification for First Aid and CPR so now if there is an emergency, there is a higher likelihood of me being able to assist you. One cool fact- there has been a major update to CPR- It's called Continuous Chest Compression CPR and it only involves compressions- no more assisted breathing. I remember my brother, Jamieson, describing this to us a few months ago and everyone was like "you're an idiot" that's not how you do CPR. I guess it's one of the ways. (You'll have to take a CPR class yourself to get all the details about when it is appropriate to use it though).
Anyway, I guess it's a good time to send a reminder that it's always a good idea to have a 72 hour kit for each member of your family. (If you don't know what that is, look it up, because they are very handy). And if you are into that thing (especially in these times), it's an even better idea to have some food storage set up.

No comments: