I'm feeling kind of sassy this afternoon, which is a change from my usual "tired." The sun is finally back, and I think that it is more or less here to stay (for the summer). Over all I am feeling rather productive today- I am getting a lot of little things done so I feel pretty awesome. Dave and I have actually been up to things lately so I have stuff to write about!
Saturday I finally went out with my friend April and played Bunco. If you guys get invited to a Bunco night, I highly recommend going. I had so much fun! :) I ended up winning for the most number of buncos and for being on the winning team, but I'd play even if I hadn't won anything. It was nice to get out of the house for a while and to hang out with April.
Sunday I received my patriarchal blessing. That was an amazing experience and will be pretty much the only thing I have to say about that.
Yesterday Dave stayed home sick and I ended up going home early. It is getting harder and harder for me to make it through the day (yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't want to hear about "when you're pregnant and have kids at home..." I am trying to enjoy this first pregnancy because I know during the next one I won't be able to take it as easy). Anyway, yesterday was just and uncomfortable day in general- and it was Monday to boot. I got to work to find out the office had had a minor flood (I didn't want to guess the origin of the water- gross!) and it just seemed nothing could go smoothly. And the bonus was that I just didn't feel good. So I gave up and headed home early. I am wondering if that is going to happen more and more often. I swear that Ethan grows in 1/2 pound increments. I don't think there's any middle ground for him- he just expands all at once. Not comfortable.
Anyway- last night Dave and I went over to the Woodbury's for a barbecue and to hang out. I really enjoyed myself. We even brought Pookie with us to meet their new puppy Fergie. Fergie was a little bit too hyper for Pookie (she usually ends up getting stepped on) but I think over time they'll get used to each other. We pretty much spent the evening on the back deck eating and watching the sun set- it was a wonderful time. :)
And now for the BIG NEWS! Dave and I are re-doing our bathroom! We have been talking it over for a while, and one of our friends (actually one of the Woodbury's) referred us to a guy that has been doing some work for them. Anyway, so we got a deal right in line with our budget and he's going to tile our shower and our bathroom floor. I am totally taking "before" and "after" pictures. Dave and I are so excited. We decided that it was important to get the bathroom done before Ethan arrives and it seems like things are working out for us. :) Unfortunately we are going to be sans-toilet for 3 days (not good for a pregnant lady) so we're getting a hotel room for two of the nights. Anyway, Dave and I are really excited. It's the beginning of many house projects that we have been wanting to do. :)
I think that's pretty much all the news from around here. Only a little over a month until Ethan arrives. I can't wait.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment