Monday, June 29, 2009

Baby EXPLOSION!

Did I catch your attention?

Our condo finally looks like a baby is about to move in. Seriously. Our living room (and bedroom, and baby's room, and kitchen for that matter) are covered in baby stuff. I love it. Dave just wanders around with this distant look on his face mumbling stuff about "baby sized gifts" (search Simpsons episodes for this reference). It's become a running joke between us, and well, between Dave and anyone who knows him really well. :)

My coworkers threw me a baby shower last week and then the G's threw me one on Saturday. Dave and I have all the baby stuff we can start with. I think that I can safely say that we are set- at least until Ethan starts growing. Our baby is going to be clothed, fed, and sheltered quite nicely until he is 6 months old. Then we'll have to start adding to our baby stuff collection.

I over exerted myself just a little bit yesterday getting my mom's room ready for her (moving furniture) and getting our room ready to share with Ethan (at least for the first few weeks)- more moving furniture. We have a bassinet set up on my side of the bed so I have easy access to Ethan in the middle of the night (we'll see if Dave can learn to sleep through it). We have a jungle of baby stuff in the living room to navigate through (I'm so glad that I don't have to pass through there on the way to the bathroom). And per my mom- she said she just needed a place to sleep, well Mom- your wish has been granted- you have a room but walking into it is at your own risk. :) Good luck avoiding the baby stuff.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited. I feel like I got a lot done over the weekend (even if my legs are still sore). Ethan is sitting tight, but I am hoping he can hear my subconscious thoughts to get a move on. We have 19 days, but I am hoping it is much less (Mom- get your tushy moving on up here already!).

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Moving furniture? You're not trying to induce labor... are you? :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.