Friday, June 19, 2009

Bathroom Remodeling

Well we've already broken our budget on the bathroom remodel. It didn't help that Dave and I only like the tile that cost about twice as much as we had budgeted for. In our defense, we were thinking, small space to tile equals fewer tiles equals we can spend more per tile (or square foot). Somewhere our math got messed up. So much for economics. :) Anyway, we are beginning DAY 2 of the big remodel. Dave and I were excited/apprehensive about coming home last night to see that state of our condo and bathroom. Yup. It was dusty and there's a toilet sitting in the baby's room. It was interesting to see the bathroom all torn up and in the first stages of being put back together. Dave and I agreed that we definitely picked the right tile though so that helps.

Anyway, remodeling a bathroom is much more involved/intensive than I had previously expected. I don't know, I kind of thought it would be more like Step 1) pick out tile I like Step 2) Pay for labor/supplies Step 3) Watch it all come together. Turns out there are a million little things that needed my approval and or attention. But we seem to be moving along just fine now.

I have been trying to decide if I want to post the Pre-remodel bathroom and Mid-remodel bathroom pictures or if I just want to wait and show them all at once. Hmmm. We'll see.

No comments: