Friday, May 22, 2009

Three day weekend!

Yeah! It's the weekend (well, almost). I am looking forward to THREE days! to myself (well, almost). Nothing too exciting going on this weekend. It's supposed to be nice- so that makes me very happy. I'll probably end up taking Pookie around the park and to play fetch so she can be outside for a little bit.

Some exciting stuff- My sister and her husband are passing through here on their way to Vegas. I am so excited to see them. And they're bringing their dog as well so maybe Pookie will be able to make friends? We'll see. Lately she's been quite the weiner- barking at bigger dogs when she knows that either myself or Dave is close by- and then running away when little kids try to pet her. Anyway, back to family. I am so excited to see them and to be able to hang out for a little bit. :) I think my dad said that he was coming into town as well but I am not sure when he plans on doing that... I guess we'll just wait for a phone call.

Things are going well otherwise. Work is good. We are getting ready to close our fiscal year and start another one. That means lots of budgets, lots of reconciling, and many, many projects like that. I am actually enjoying it over all... even though the level of concentration/detail can be incredible. I have to say I have come a long way regarding attention to detail.

My friends Katie and Matt came into town as well. It was really good to see them. I tried to cook us dinner but it didn't quite turn out (how embarassing!) so we went out to eat instead. Darn. I wanted to make a good impression- I'm just glad they they are old friends and will probably overlook the cooking attempt. :) I'm kind of bummed because we didn't take pictures!

Ethan is still growing nicely. Now when Ethan moves I swear that I can tell that it's little feet or hands that I am feeling (I don't know which, but I know it's got to be one of them). It's amusing to me to be able to feel his hands/feet as the run across my stomach- it feels weird- both from the inside and if I put my hand on my stomach to feel from the outside. Doctor's appointments have been bumped up to every two weeks now and soon they'll be every week. We are now 32 weeks along with 57 days to go! Less than 60 days! Wow! I am getting so excited to see what this little man looks like. Right now I imagine Dave's head on a baby's body. I know Dave is excited to see how our little boy is going to blend our features... some of me, some of Dave.

1 comment:

Katie said...

we didn't mind! We had a great time hanging out...tell dave hi..thanks for showing us such a good time...also we might be back in August for Matt's sister's wedding...i will keep you updated.