Thursday, May 28, 2009

So I'm a little slow

I have been meaning to write about my weekend all week and here it is- Thursday already.

The weekend was pretty good- it was so nice to have a three day weekend. :)

Saturday Dave and I were pretty lazy. We went up and hung out with the Woodburys for a little bit. We brought Pookie along and let her play with Zeus- the Woodbury's 120 pound German Shephard. It's pretty amazing to see 6.5 pound Pookie next to this big dog, but they seem to have lots of fun together. We let Pookie off her leash (a first for her- outside of the park) and let them run around. Rather, let Pookie run around and Zeus attempt to chase her.

McKenzie and Doss came into town on Sunday and stayed the night. I was so happy to see them. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures (well, except for one taken at 4.45 AM and I didn't look so hot). We just sat around talking and letting our dogs play together. Henry and Pookie got along (I'd like to think) and ran around together. I really had a lot of fun. And McKenzie and Doss came bearing gifts- they brought a whole box of baby clothes- I am so excited! Everything was so cute and there is an awesome snow suit I can't wait to put Ethan in. :)

Monday morning McKenzie and Doss were out the door pretty early so Dave and I were pretty much on our own on Monday. What a nice lazy day! :) It was nice and sunny so we took Pookie out to the park and let her run around some more (I feel so bad that she's cooped up all day so I try to get her to the park as much as possible). Monday afternoon Dave and I went up to his sister's house for some quality family time. It was so much fun. Except for the part where I didn't feel the greatest- back aches, stomach ache, and tired.

Anyway, so it was a pretty good weekend overall. :) On Tuesday my dad got into town so last night we all went out to dinner. Then McKenzie and Doss blew back into town on their way home so we stopped for frozen custard (my new favorite dessert).

So lots of family and I am loving it!

No comments: