I was going to try to surprise Dave this Christmas with just a small present. So far Dave has already figured out everything that I have picked up for him (even his stocking stuffers!) I figured this would be one last chance to try to sneak something in.
Yesterday afternoon we arrived home and there was a package waiting by our door- Dave's present. I tried to scoop it up without Dave noticing (I don't honestly know what I expected- how was he not going to notice this good size box that had suddenly appeared in my hands?). Dave was curious and I tried to hide the box so that he couldn't even try to guess what it could be all the while saying it wasn't for him, that it was mine.
Anyway, so I hid I the box of goodies (after opening it and double checking that everything had arrived) and Dave threatened to to sneak a peek. This morning when I woke up I noticed that the door going to the room I had hidden the box in was open- and that it had opened sometime during the night. So I stalked into the bedroom and accused Dave of sneaking a peak at his books. And I realized a moment too late that I had spilled the beans. I hoped against hope that Dave wouldn't catch on to the magic word but he did.
And so it is another Christmas where I was unable to surprise Dave. Oh well- maybe next year.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
lol, I can totally relate!! How I've gone this long without telling Travis what I got him is a MIRACLE! Better luck next year:)
Post a Comment