It's hard for me to imagine that it is Christma Eve... at least I have a half day today. And I don't have to come back to work until Monday. Once I get home I am going to start baking. I have some Christmas cookies (and last minute presents) that I want to deliver tonight. Well, more specifically, that I want Dave to deliver for me. :) (mwahhahahaha I love having a husband to run errands for me).
I am also going to prepare our Christmas eve dinner. We are doing a family dinner tomorrow so I want to be able to have a special dinner for just Dave and I this evening. We're going with the traditional Pond-Vogt dinner (Cornish Game Hens, mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls, etc) menu. I am excited. I had to convince Dave that Cornish Game Hens were really just mini chickens and not some weird alterna-food. I love those mini chickens.
Yesterday disaster semi-struck. I realized late in the afternoon that I had sent a package out but had forgotten to include a present for one of the family members. So basically, everyone EXCEPT ONE person got a Christmas present from Dave and me (and in some cases, people got two presents). Oh my goodness I was so embarassed and felt so horrible. So now I am rushing to try to get a present done and in the mail. With the next few days off I am sure I can get it done and in the mail on Friday or Saturday (fingers crossed).
The pregnancy is going okay. I am not as tired as I used to be, which is a great change. However I have started getting Evening Sickness. Actually I feel pretty sick on and off throughout the day, but by dinner time I don't even want to think about food or even cooking. The good news is that Dave gets to work on his cooking skills. The bad news- my evenings are pretty crappy. I'll be happy when this stage passes too. :) Our next appointment is at the beginning of January (the wait for the second appointment hasn't been as bad as the wait for the first one). We'll meet the doctor and listen to the baby's heartbeat again. :)
Oh yeah... if anyone knows a way to send some Korean Barbecue from Hawaii to Utah (quickly) please let me know. I have been craving (very specifically) Peppa's Korean Barbecue- the Meat Jun and the (red) dipping sauce that goes with it.
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment