Saturday, January 23, 2010

It's been a while

Well, I've been busy out of my mind lately... between work, Ethan, and trying to keep the house clean, I don't have a moment to myself. Sometimes it feels like the days pass so quickly, but we're still here in the middle of January.

Thigns are going well over all. Today we're doing house projects (another item on the to do list that is my life). Dave is hammering in the last of the base boards right now... next up is caulking them into place and ultimately painting. We're trying hard to break all of our projects into small pieces or we're going to get overwhelmed too quickly. There's lots we want to do with the house and we have a plan, but it's hard to pace ourselves. :) Luckily, the projects we do tend to wear us out so we have to take a few weeks off.

Last weekend Dave, Ethan, and I went to Wendover, Nevada. Wendover is this little town on the Utah/Nevada border with like 10 casinos. We had received a free night and a free dinner at one of the casinos so we went for it (free mini-vacation!). It was fun, but I did feel bad the first moment we walked into the casino and the noises (and smoke) hit us- and Ethan. We got checked in as quickly as possible and took Ethan up the room. That night Dave and I took turns going down the casino. We both played a little roulette and won! :) So we got a free night, a free meal, and $100 bucks! :) It was a good vacation. :)

As for things now... well, back to the day to day stuff. Sometimes I feel like my life is just one big to-do list. Sometimes it doesn't feel so much like I am living my live as much as I am trying to navigate a giant "To Do" jungle. There's a certain satisfaction at the end of the day knowing I got stuff done, but the down side is when I finally have a moment to sit down, I just thinking of checking off "relaxing" as another item done. It takes the fun out things.

No comments: