On Friday I got the urge to do some house projects... you know, just little things to get organized for the new year. Well, Dave and I really went for it! Lowe's had a great deal on some wood laminate and we had been talking about doing that for a while... so we did it! Talk about spur of the moment.
My husband is so wonderful... we woke up early on Saturday morning and started ripping up the carpet and the mat below it. Then we had clean up the dust, dirt, and staples. Then we had to take the floorboards/molding out (I wanted new boards). Our "little" project kept growing... Our "one day" project turned out to take two (which isn't bad considering we replaced our floor!), required the help of various family members at different times, and Dave and I only snapped at each other a few times. :)
Anyway... the before and after pictures...
Apparently I suck at before pictures, because this is the only one.
Let me describe our carpet to you... It's one of those things where once you replace it you wonder how you could have lived like that for so long (another example would be our bathroom).
Our carpet wasn't bad, just really really old. And dirty. I kept meaning to get it cleaned, but time just got away from me...

The New Floor! It has made the room seem so much brighter, more comfortable, and warmer. We also took the chance to rearrange. I quite like how we rearranged- it's different. Not all of the furniture is just pushed against the wall anymore. And the room feels bigger!
The new molding.
Dave learned how to cut and install this himself- and believe me, it's pretty tricky! I'm so proud of him!
1 comment:
Wow, that's a huge DIY project! I'm so impressed. It looks great, and don't you love the feeling of being done with a project like that? :)
Post a Comment