Sorry it's been so long since I've posted. I finally have regular internet access and I still don't have time to write. :) Ethan, David, and I are all doing great. Dave is busy at work and Ethan is busy at keeping me busy. :)
Let's see- last week my mom had a spontaneous detached retina. That meant a midnight trip to the ER and a follow up surgery the next day. So that kept us pretty busy last week- I was taking care of Mom as much as I could. Much to my mom's joy, my dad flew in last weekend to help take care of her so that was pretty awesome.
Then this week was my turn for surgery. Yesterday I had a molar pulled and an implant put in. I have had a problem tooth for a while now and finally the dentist and I said that enough is enough. So no more tooth. Unfortunately my mouth hurts a lot now so I'm taking it pretty easy this week. Down side- liquid diet for the next few days. Commercials suck. The second I couldn't have any of it I started craving hamburgers and french fries and pizza and those commercials just made everything look so tasty. Why aren't there any soup shops? Anyway, so I'm pretty hungry and I'm already sick of pudding, ice cream, and yogurt and it's only been 1 day. Great. It's going to be a long weekend.
Ethan is growing so quickly. I love it. He makes the cutest faces and does the cutest things and is generally the most wonderful little boy. :)
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bummer about surgery!
Are you on a strict liquid diet, or can you eat some soft foods? Brian had his wisdom teeth out a few weeks ago and I had a hard time getting creative. But he seemed to enjoy fried eggs, and they seemed soft enough. Also sticky rice, but make it really sticky by adding extra water when you are cooking, and soaking the rice and water for a few minutes before cooking. I think I wrote on a blog post what foods I made. How about smoothies? I know what you mean, though. As soon as you can't have a certain food, you start craving it :)
Post a Comment