Well my little chunker is keeping me busy. His personality is definitely emerging. And he's still the cutest little boy around. :) Ethan is the sweetest little boy in the morning- all smiles and giggles (yes- he's working on giggles now) but by afternoon it's a different story. Ethan gets more high maintenance as the day goes on, so by about dinner time all the attention has to be on him (makes making dinner quite the task).
I am up at my mom's this afternoon (Hi Mom! I'm watching your place). She's in Cali getting ready for a little family reunion. My brother is heading there for 2 weeks of leave from Iraq. I had really hoped that we would be able to go down and meet him as well, but it's just not going to happen. The most we would have been able to do would have been a long weekend and most of it would have been spent driving and the thought of trying a 10 hour drive (twice) with a 2 month old was a little deterring. So I made a whole bunch of videos for bro and sent them with mom. And as soon as I find my connector cable I'll post one or two of them on here. Ditto for some pictures.
Speaking of pictures, I took a photography class in High School and learned that while there is definite skill involved in taking pictures, by sheer multitude one can come up with some amazing pictures. I have so many favorites of Ethan (I plan on posting many here) but we recently took the most amazing pictures of him. I know it's not fair to talk about the pictures without sharing, but like I said, I need a connector cable. That and I just wanted to brag about how photogenic my boy is (but really are there any unphotogenic babies?).
Anyway, life goes on. We celebrated Dave's 30th (!) birthday this weekend. Amazing! Now I get to tease him about being old for the next few years... at least until I turn 30. Then we'll talk about how young we are. My husband looks darned good for a 30 year old, actually he's pretty hot for any age. :) (Hi baby!).
It's now the middle of September, I dropped into work yesterday and everyone wanted to know when I'd be back. I can't believe I only have another few weeks of "official" leave until I have to return to work. I guess I keep waiting for something to happen to cause time to stop or keep me in my little bubble. I am also hoping that something will happen so that I don't have to go back at all. :) (Speaking of, I guess there's a big pot for the lottery.)
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment