Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

I know that I am not going to have the chance, or I'll just forget, to write this post tomorrow, so I am doing it today.

I've been watching my friends (on facebook) list something daily that they are grateful for.  What an awesome way to count up to Thanksgiving! And I love it for me because it makes me think about all the things I am grateful for as well.  I had the brief idea of doing the same at the beginning of the month, but instead putting each item in a jar and then reading over some of them at Thanksgiving. But time got away from me, so I am going to have to file that idea away for next year.

But I do want to take a moment to express that I am so grateful for so much. (This was a lot easier to write in my head, when I my biys werent asking me a million questions.) I am grateful for all that I have now- more than I can list. My family- my boys, husband, the family I grew up with, and the family I married into.  I am grateful for our home (and yard) and for the friends, neighbors, and ward that came with it. I am grateful that Dave and I are both employed, and that I love the people I work with and for. I love the mission of Volunteers of America and I am proud of my small piece in that work.

I am grateful for my health and this pregnancy- I am so looking forward to meeting this new little man in a month.  I am grateful for the health of my family and friends. I am grateful for all of the people that have passed through my life. They all have helped round out the person I have become.  You may no longer be an active part of my life, but you're still part of it.  I am grateful, this may sound weird, for the difficult choices, and their consequences, that I have made as I grew up, and frankly well into my adulthood.  Those hard times and poor actions have led me to where I am now and, I believe, allow me to feel that much more grateful for all of the blessings I do have. Those hard times helped me to learn to rely on family and close friends, to learn and grow, and to get to know myself. I am grateful that I know what I am made of and how strong I really am. Those hard times have helped me focus on what is important (although that takes constant effort).

I am deeply grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I have many friends and family of different faiths, religions, spiritualities (whatever they would like to call it). I am grateful that they all can feel the love of our Lord and share that love with the people around them.  And for those that don't feel that love, or don't know that they feel it, it's still there and I am grateful you're still good people. :) I am grateful that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and for the change that that conversion has brought to my life.

And most importantly, I am grateful for where all the experiences in my life have led me- to this moment and this place, and the people I share it with.

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday, surrounded by loved ones, and that it segues into a wonderful, joyful Christmas season. Remember to count your blessings and remember those around you that dont have those same blessings. Thank YOU for being who you are and for being a part of my life.

And thanks for all of the birthday wishes as well!

No comments: