Sunday, November 4, 2012

And the rest of the week....

Well, it's been an odd kind of week for me/us.  Halloween took up a good portion of the beginning of the week.  And then personal drama took up the rest of the week.  Yay!  So it has been a fast week.  But at least I haven't been as sick this week.  I was actually up and functioning like a normal adult.  Monday I had another doctor appointment for the baby- 32 weeks!  So I am officially in the countdown zone.  Ethan says that he wants to go to the next doctor appointment so he can hear the baby's heartbeat as well.  (Ethan has been carrying around the ultrasound pictures and one of them shows the heartbeat).  Did I mention that we set an official date for the induction?  So only 7 weeks to go!  I know that will go so quickly.  Ethan is so ready for his little brother to get here.  He keeps drawing him pictures and the other day he found some old felt from a project I did a million years ago and he made baby "Zetolo" a blanket.  Ethan now gives the baby hugs every day and asks what he is doing, if he is hungry, or sleeping, Ethan is such an awesome big brother.  Emery doesn't care, at least not that he lets on.
Last week Emery had a doctor's appointment (did I mention that?  I'm too lazy to go look).  Em is in the mid 70 percentiles for his height and weight but in the mid 90s for his head (that would probably explain why he keeps falling on his head).  Em weighs in at a whopping 27 pounds.  Between those two boys I am getting a work out!
And Ethan is back on asking when the holidays are.  I was hoping that now that Halloween had come and gone he'd move on.  But no such luck.  Hopefully as Christmas draws near (and passes) Ethan will move on?  Who knows.  Ethan is getting very good with his letters- he can write E, T, and H very well.  Almost his full name!  He is going to be broken hearted when he figures out what his last name looks like. mwahahahahaha.
Friday I took the boys out swimming by myself.  I'm quite proud of that as I have not attempted that before. The local rec center has a swim time open from 12-2 for moms and kids so we took advantage of that.  We had the pool to ourselves for pretty much the whole time (aside from people doing laps).  As we were leaving a big group of kids showed up- perfect timing in my mind.  The only bummer was that I forgot Ethan's floaties so I had to keep reminding Ethan he couldn't run all over the place like he would normally.  And that night we had a family party so the boys were able to run and play with their cousins, which is always a treat for them.  Emery is now at the age where he was more interested in playing than hanging out with us, so Dave and I were actually able to sit back and chat for a while (and as a bonus for me, Dave took over supervision duties so I was able to just sit and talk for a change).
Saturday we went to the Living Planet Aquarium.  It's a bit of a drive for us so we don't go there very often.  We ended up buying a membership for Dave, myself, and Ethan (Emery is still free).  We calculated it out that we only have to go twice for the membership to pay for itself, so we plan on going like once every 3 months or something, for Family Home Evening or some way to get out of the house.  Have I mentioned how much I like having a membership to places for the boys?  It's just nice to have a plan for if we need to get out and do something.  It was fun to go out the Aquarium with Dave as well.  Usually it's just me and the boys while Dave is at work.  There was a touch pool so Dave was able to "pet" a shark and a sting ray.  Dave says that that was his favorite part- he says he was surprised at how they actually felt.  The boys weren't that interested in touching the animals as much as they were interested in dangling their fingers in the water.  I think the Jellyfish were Ethan's favorite part- he spent a lot of his time in front of their tank.  And the Octopus was also a hit.  It freaked out Emery a little bit.  It was at the bottom of the tank right where Emery and Ethan could get a good look at it.  Ethan had run off to look at sea horses and Em was left standing in front of the Octopus by himself when the Octopus started moving.  I think it freaked Em out a little bit because I came back and Emery ran up to me and held on to me tight.  We watched the Octopus climb to the top of the tank and back down.  It was so cool!  I was definitely fascinated.  Emery was a bit of a grump because he hadn't had much of a nap before the aquarium- he just wanted to be held most of the time so I can't tell you what he liked the best, maybe the octopus as well?  There was also a gigantic lobster over 100 years old.  Super awesome.
We ended the day with a movie night in our bed.  We have a tv that we are temporarily storing in our bedroom.  Dave and I have never had a tv in our room before so it's kind of exciting- for now.  We made popcorn and chocolate milk and we all cuddled together to watch "Monsters vs Aliens."  It was a lot of fun.  We then followed that up by the worst night of sleep ever.  Ethan was awake most of the night with a stomach ache and Emery just wanted to cuddle with someone, so between both of the boys we got maybe an hour of sleep straight? And we had to change the stupid clocks, so it feels like that boys were up even earlier than usual... I used to love the fall back part of changing the clocks because it felt like we got an extra hour.  Not so much with kids.
Anyway, that's our week.  And here are some pictures:
Ethan passed out in our bed in the position.  It just cracked me up.  

At H&M- Ethan looked really good in this jacket and he just loved that hat.  

Em in a cute hat- couldn't resist a picture. 

I said I'd take a pic of the boy's "new room." Here are the lights and Em's big boy bed.  We used to have a big bed for Ethan but he always wanted to sleep on the floor.  So we ended up buying 2 of the same kind of mattresses for the boys to make it feel like they were sleeping on the floor.  

Ethan's own little shelf and some stickers.  He likes having a place for his water and books and toys.  

At the family party on Friday.  Notice Em sitting at the table like the big kids.  

Ethan looking at some frogs- he loved watching them jump.

Em riding a frog

Otters

Jellyfish- and Em just wants to be held. 

Gigantic Lobster (Ethan kept calling it a  Monster)




Movie night in Mom & Dad's Room

Em looked so comfortable curled with up Daddy.  It was so cute.  

No comments: