Sunday, October 21, 2012

Wish I had more to say...

Well, it's another Sunday.  I really wish I had something to say, but it's just been that kind of week.  The stay inside and just survive kind of week.  Not that it has been hard, just that I just haven't had any energy.  Seriously, the third trimester is hitting me hard. I am tired! I just don't have the energy to keep up with the kids, clean the house, and work.  So really my house is pretty messy, until Dave gets home and cleans up after me/us.
About the most outstanding thing from this past week was the fact that our little red car is done for.  Friday morning Dave called me at 7 AM.  He never does that.  I knew right away that something was wrong.  Dave was on his way to work on Friday when he noticed the red car was acting funny.  He made it past the Capital and was heading down State Street when he decided he needed to turn around and get home.  He was headed up Main Street, just across from the conference center, when the red car stopped.  Dave had enough time to pull over as far as he could and that was it.  My mom met him and got the car towed back to our house (and she bought us a Triple A membership- for Christmas- thanks mom!).  The alternator was dead, which is funny because we replaced it last November.  So we're going to get it replaced (under warranty) and try to sell the red car.  It's not like we're selling a junker- it's got a new radiator (and hoses), windshield, brakes, and now alternator. :) It would be a great car for like a high school or college kid, just not a daddy trying to commute uphill to work.  Anyone interested? :) Looks like we'll be a one car family for a while.  It's a good thing it's winter and we don't go out much and I'll be on maternity leave.
Saturday Dave had a midterm in the morning and then that afternoon I took the boys and went to the Zoo with some of my friends from work.  I hardly saw Dave all day Saturday.  The boys and I had such a fun day at the Zoo- it was a beautiful day- so warm!  We met up with my boss, Lynn, and her daughter Sydney, and my friend Sue, that Lynn & I also work with.  It was a lot of fun for me to have someone to walk around and talk to and Ethan loved having another kid there with him- he kept talking about his new friend Sydney.
And that folks is our week. I didn't even take very many pictures. We did get Ethan's Halloween Costume.  Mom & I went to Walmart & Target to try to find a pirate costume for Ethan.  We had atrocious luck with that- nothing in his size.  While at Target we did find this super cute costume of a dinosaur (the kind where it looks like he is riding one).  Ethan loved it.  Well now Ethan is back to wanting to be a pirate. So Dave says that Ethan should be a pirate riding a dinosaur (and Dave says that is the coolest costume ever, I'm not quite sold).  So Ethan is going to have a crazy costume this year.
I had another doctor appointment on Monday.  Did I mention I passed my 3 hour glucose test?  I'm seeing the doctor every 3 weeks and last Monday the Doc and I sat down and picked a date for my induction! Yay!  December 20- Thursday.  Only a little over 8 weeks now!  Crazy huh?  It will go so quickly.  Especially when Dave & I look at the calendar and try to figure out when we're going to do the stuff we need to do (like paint, buy a new bed, etc).  Time will fly.  My sister will get in Wednesday night, we'll try to cram in some girl night activities and then hopefully off to the hospital on Thursday. :)
Also, Dave & I got our Christmas shopping done!  We've known for a while what we were going to get the boys, and this past week I was just messing around online, looking at various websites at the toys we were going to buy.  I figured the toys we had picked out weren't the type of toys that would be going on sale and we found some pretty good deals.  Toys R Us (which I usually hate), was offering a free Entertainment Walker with the purchase of Em's toy, so we went ahead and ordered.  I figured while we had done that, we might as well get Ethan's too.  So we're done. :) Now just stocking stuffers.
This upcoming week should be pretty hectic with my calling and the Halloween Carnival on Thursday.  We also have a Halloween Party next week.  So I guess it was good that this past week was quiet.
Here are our very few pix from this past week:
Ethan's Pirate Captain Outfit

Ethan's Ghost from Preschool

The Zoo (at the Elephants Exhibit)

No comments: