Well guys, this is going to be an extremely boring entry. What have we done this week? Pretty much as close to nothing as possible. Okay, that's a little bit of lie- we've had spots of fun throughout the week, but it's been pretty limited. I've been sick with the plague (cold) most of the week. Dave stayed home Wednesday to rescue me from the kids (or the kids from me?) and I stayed in bed or on the couch most of the day. Thursday morning Dave stayed home from work again and got Ethan off to school (and picked him up) again before going to work in the afternoon. Friday Dave went to work but by 10 AM I was calling my mom and Dave and begging someone- anyone- to save me from the boys (or, again the boys from me). The boys had actually reached the point where they were bored with TV (yes, TV was a big crutch for me this week). So Friday was another day spent in bed for me. Man, that would have been a fantastic week if I'd been a) on a beach b) on a cruise ship c) able to take any sort of sleep inducing cough medicine. Oh well. I'm starting to feel a little bit better by now. But now Em is Mr Coughy and Snotty and Ethan has that pre-plague look on his face. If only kids were calmer when they were sick. Mine still run and jump, but when they're sick they manage to wipe snot and boogers all over the place (sorry).
Some high notes of the week are: I can finally tell Ethan that Halloween is next week- that's gotten him to stop asking when the holidays are- and we went to a Halloween Carnival at church put on by our Young Women and Young Men. The Halloween Carnival was great. The boys were able to wear their Halloween Costumes (Ethan went as a dinosaur rider) and Emery went has a dragon. The Young Women & Men put together a variety of activities for the kids to do- face painting, a haunted room, a cupcake walk, pumpkin bowling, paper jack o' lantern making, and pin the nose on the witch. We invited Sophie, Ethan & Emery's cousin, to the Carnival with us and she brought her mom & brothers. So we all had a good time. :) Mom was there to take care of Em who lost interest (and energy) about halfway through.
We've also started working on getting the new room set up for Baby #3. The room used to be Dave's Man Cave, so it was filled with all of his toys. In order to turn it into a baby bedroom, we had to rearrange the stuff in our already packed basement (the part that isn't being finished) so that we could move Dave's stuff down there and the baby stuff up from there into the bedroom. It was craziness for a little bit. It also means committing to taking Em out of the crib and into a bed. I think Ethan was out of the crib around 16 months (I remember that he was in a bed before we moved, and he was 18 months when we moved), but we've been keeping Em in a crib as long as possible because he really just likes to crawl in bed with us and cuddle. We made the trek down to Ikea to pick up Em (and it turns out Ethan) a bed and we also picked up some shelves and a light for each of the boys. Ethan loves his little moon light. I'll have to take pictures once it is all set up.
Anyway, I haven't really taken pictures this week because there's not been anything to take a picture of...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment