Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thank you...

I'm going to admit something I am terribly ashamed of.... It's taken me about 25 years to appreciate family and 27 years to realize that it is the MOST important thing that any person has.

Today I am writing to thank each of my parents, siblings, cousins, nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles, and everyone else I could possibly be related to...

Over the past year, especially after the birth of my son, I have come to realize what an integral part of my life my family has been. David, Ethan and I have received so much support and assistance from everyone- from advice and baby clothes, to babysitting and people to talk to. It really does take a village to raise a child- and it's a good thing that between our families combined we have a small town! :)

I am so thankful that my eyes have finally been opened to the true value of family and I am so grateful that even though it has taken me so long to figure that out, everyone continued to give me a chance. I know that this realization isn't going to make me any better about sending out emails or birthday cards or presents (I wish it would though!) but I want you all to know that I really do think of each of you EVERY day. Every time I look at Ethan, my heart swells to think of all the people that have come together to raise me, to raise David, and to help us grow. To see us through the awkward years, to tease us and make us stronger, to encourage us, to help us through the tough spots. And to see us through the good times as well. Dave and I don't say it enough, and Ethan can't say it at all (yet), but we are extremely grateful that each of you is in our life, that we were lucky enough to get you as a family member, and that we figured it out before it was too late. We love you all. We think that you guys are the best and we wouldn't trade our places in the world for anything. Thank you for being with us through every thing, for supporting us through so much change, and for being with us as we start a new branch of family. From the bottom of our hearts we thank you and love each of you.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Deborah, David, and Ethan
(Pookie too)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thank you for being YOU! Love you guys!