Well the winter has returned here. We'd been having clear weather for the past week and on Thursday and Friday it even got up into the 50's- it was so nice! But this morning the rain turned to snow and it's grey and wet out there. Oh well. Maybe this will be winters last hurrah? (Knock on wood). I wouldn't mind rain for the rest of the winter/spring instead of snow.
Our weekend was okay- more stressful than relaxing. There are so many questions up in the air right now. What do we? How will this all work out? What's the best choice? How do we make this happen? Stuff like that. Dave and I have very clear ideas on what we want to do and where we want to go but we're having problems with the logistics right now. More like it's just me having problems with the logistics. I don't think of myself as a control freak but at the same time it is really really hard for me to just let go and know that someone else will make it happen or will take care of me. I feel like it's my responsibility to get things done. Time to revert to the saying that got me through rough spots before "Let Go and Let God." :)
We looked at houses on Friday night. We saw a whole bunch of immediate "no's" and one "this is more like it." But after much discussion I think we're going to wait and see what kind of changes Bean brings along. Who knows though- that could change again next week- it's one of the things that we are so back and forth on.
Speaking of Bean- we scheduled the ultrasound for February 23! We'll find out what we are having on that day! Just a few weeks now (2 to be exact). I am so excited! Both Bean and I are doing well- I've started gaining weight. I am a little over 17 weeks along- getting closer to the halfway point.
Anyway, that's about everything in recent memory. Oh yeah- last weekend we had to take Dave to the hospital. We had gone out to dinner and after dinner Dave slipped on some ice and scraped his hand up. He had cellulitis (where bacteria gets into the blood stream), so he had the red line running up his arm showing the infection. Scary stuff! He had to go on 3 rounds of antibiotics (2 IV's and 10 days of pills). Blech. Poor guy. He's doing much better now and his hand is well on the way to healing.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment