So this week has been BUSY! We are in full swing audit mode at work, so any free moment I have, I am trying to get stuff for that done. I have to keep reminding myself that we did it last year and survived and I can do it again. And it's all got to be done by the 15th (ish) anyway so we're coming down to the final few days. I also learned how to make freezer jam! We love freezer jam but I've never had the opportunity to make it. Our neighbor, Brittany, showed me how while our kids all ran around, danced, cried, and created general chaos. It was so easy and so much fun. It will definitely become a staple at our house. :)
I was also called to Young Women's (as secretary) at church! I am really excited about this. And any worries that I had have been put to rest. I went to my first activity on Thursday and sat in on my first class today. My biggest worry was about the boys- I had been in nursery with both of them. I knew Ethan would be fine without me, but Em is just starting to go through his clingy stage. It turns out after a brief cry being left alone, Em did just fine. And I was actually happy to see both of the boys after church ended. :)
Anyway- back to Young Women's... For those of you who don't know, church is in 3 hour blocks- first (in our ward) is Sacrament, followed by Sunday School & Relief Society (for women) or Priesthood (for men). Young Women's is for the young women ages 12-18. They go to Sunday School with everyone else, but they have their own classes together during the 3rd hour.
I feel somewhat like I showed up to class in the middle of the semester, everyone else knows what is going on but I have no clue. I don't have any prior experiences to look back on- this was going to be completely new for me. The presidency I serve with (the Young Women's President and her 2 Counselors) are amazing! I am so in awe of all they know and how wonderful they are with the women. I should probably add the advisors/teachers to that list. Seriously- the women are so awesome. I am looking forward to getting to know the girls too. I am little intimidated to have to put myself out there, but I think I'll be fine with time. I guess I am just more worried about doing what I am supposed to be doing (I don't even know what I don't know at this point).
As for the boys- We've been trying to have as much fun as possible while staying as cool as possible. We have a wonderful splash pad maybe just a mile from our house. The boys love to go and run and cool off. I try to take them at least once a week until the weather cools and it turns off... We also love going to Grandma's house to go swimming in her pool. Emery is such a natural water baby- he just loves splashing and swimming. Ethan has a little life jacket/floaty that he puts on and he is off. He'd swim around for hours if we'd let him. Other than that the boys have just been spending time in the back yard- in the sprinkler or in the sandbox. I love having a fenced back yard. I hate paying for it, but the benefits are so amazing. The boys have also been spending a lot of time with their cousins. Ethan & Emery play so well together, but they love having new faces. And for baby #3? Well, we still have no name picked out. We have a pretty clear idea on the middle name, but absolutely no idea on the first. Dave just knew Ethan and I just knew Emery but we're both stuck on this one. The due date is officially December 24th, but I really want to have him earlier so I can be home for Christmas (and Christmas Eve dinner). According to our ultrasound, this little boy will probably be bigger at birth than the previous 2 (Emery was heavier than Ethan, so I guess this one is just continuing that trend). I can feel him move around a lot and we're about to the point where someone else can too (if they're patient). It will be fun to see Ethan's reaction the first time he feels the baby kick.
And it's almost school time as well! Dave is taking 2 online classes (through the U) as a test run to see if he really wants to go back and get his masters. He does want to go back, but it's intimidating to think about with 2 little boys that love their daddy time very much and a 3rd one on the way. So we'll see how it goes after this semester... And Ethan is starting Preschool come September! Wow! He is going to the Learning Lodge Preschool just down the block from us (he could walk there on his own- I can see it from our house). I am so excited for him. Ethan is so sociable and he loves learning. He knows he is going to school, but I don't know if he really knows what all that entails. :)
And when Dave isn't playing with the boys, or working, or trying to make my life easier, he keeps himself busy down in our basement! One of the things we wanted in a house when we were looking was an unfinished basement. And we have one (and it's just the right size for learning- in my opinion). The basement will have a playroom, a bedroom, and a bathroom when all is said and done. We thought it was a lot further along though- the prior owner had started on the bedroom, but it looks like we're going to have to tear it all down because of shoddy workmanship. Oh well. More for Dave to learn- correctly. :) Right now, with the help of our so very generous neighbors the Bennetts, and our brother in law Dave, Dave has been framing out the playroom area of the basement. This includes having to frame out a wall to separate the furnace from the rest of the play area. Our goal is to have that room done first (at the rate we're going that might even be done by the end of the year!). Then I can move the boys' toys down there (yay!). After that is done, we'll get the bedroom done (which will be Dave's new man cave), and last will be the bathroom. I am so excited! It's been fun for me to watch the basement transform from a concrete space to a finished room (I know it's still a ways off, but I can visualize it now!). It has been awesome for Dave to be able to learn some new skills. He never had the opportunity when he was younger to do anything like this and I know he just loves learning the how's and why's.
So that's pretty much been our week... nothing too special, just a lot of hanging out together. I can't believe we're already in the middle of August- we only have a few weekends left to try to do a short trip. We're trying to think of some fun places to take the boys within a few hour's drive- so if you have any ideas- let me know!
And now for pictures:
Emery playing with the sprinkler in the backyard
Emery throwing toys from the loft at Grandma's House
The Basement- wall #1- this is the first wall Dave put in with Nick's help.
Basement Wall #2 (the window wall). Dave put this in with Dave's help.
I would have taken a better picture, but the light from the window blinded the rest of the picture.
The furnace- if you look closely, you can see where we drew out the future plans for the wall on this side.
Nick had the idea to angle the wall in so that it would seem more open (awesome idea!).
And the other side of the basement- the room (filled with our storage) and the bathroom area.






No comments:
Post a Comment