Well it was a good weekend for Dave and I- and very much needed. :) We had Friday off for the holiday so we were extra lazy this weekend. And I loved every minute of it.
Friday we had a family barbecue up at Dave's sister's house. It was good to see everyone again. Although I have noticed that whenever I start calling people now they all immediately assume I'm either a) going to the hospital b) at the hospital or c) calling to tell them Ethan is here. Not yet folks. :) Friday night we watched the fireworks up at the golf course. A few years ago Dave and his friends staked out the most awesome place for watching fireworks and watching the sun set. It's quite the hike, but definitely worth it. Basically, the spot we've got staked out is about 100 feet above and east of the place where all the fireworks are getting launched. So you can imagine how close the fireworks explode. :) It's a lot of fun. Oh yeah- and super bonus fun- there was a lightning storm out over Antelope Island (in Salt Lake). So while waiting for the fireworks to start we got to watch some amazing lightning. Awesome!
The view of Antelope Island and Salt Lake from where we were sitting.
Saturday was another good one for us. I pretty much hung out on the couch reading and being lazy. (Whoo hoo! I'm trying to get as many of those days in while I can). Dave went out and did some skeet shooting. I wish I could have gone, but they don't make full tummy ear plugs (as it is I'm worried about the exposure Ethan has had to concussions and the such). It was Dave's first time shooting his shotgun and he loved it. :) That night we joined the Woodbury's for dinner and to say good-bye to Dave's friend Jason. Jason is back to Med School for another year.
One of my favorite summer time activities is sitting out in the warm night air and just talking with people. Saturday night Dave and I got comfy on the swing on the front porch of the Woodbury's and we watched the neighborhood kids light off fireworks. There was even a string of firecrackers that lasted (no joke) like 10 minutes. Just when we thought it was done, it went off again. I think there must have been like 100,000 of them (not exaggerating). The Woodburys also had a portable firepit so we lit up a fire (I helped!) and some of us roasted marshmallows. It was so much fun. Fun smores recipe: sandwich marshmallows between two chocolate chip cookies. I hear it's pretty tasty. :) Anyway, it was a wonderful evening. :)
Sunday was pretty lazy for Dave and I. Pretty much trying to prepare ourselves for another week of work. I love three day weekends, but it's so hard to leave them behind! And now it's back to work.
Oh yeah, Dave and I saw Transformers 2 as well (on IMAX). I really have nothing to say for or against it. It was a movie. A really long movie. And there were lots of explosions.
11 days until Ethan's tentative arrival.
Oh and to brighten your day- here's a series of pictures that Dave and I took while waiting for fireworks on Friday night. I was trying to capture some images of my ultra huge belly for you guys (pay attention to Dave in the background).
1 comment:
Wow, you guys had a beautiful view for fireworks!
And those pictures are hilarious. It's all fun and games for the boys to laugh at the pregnant women... if only there were a way to let them experience it, right? :)
Post a Comment