Sorry for the long delay in getting an update to blogger. We don't have the internet at home so I had to get my tushy in action and get to where there was access. So... you probably want to see pictures. And I won't disappoint. I think Ethan (and Dave) are already starting to dread to sight of my camera. But there are just too many cute moments that I can't pass up. Unfortunately this means that for the most part I am behind the camera so there are only limited pictures of Ethan and I.
Anyway... so the details. It was a long weekend/build up for Dave and I before Ethan's arrival. We went in to the hospital on Saturday night and I thought for sure that Ethan would be making his arrival the following day (our anniversary). Unfortunately we were sent home that night- I was in early labor and there wasn't enough going on to warrant keeping me at the hospital. I was told that I'd probably be back at the hospital in about 24 hours.
Sunday (our anniversary) was a quiet one with me just relaxing. That night, against my will (I thought for sure that we would just be sent home again), Dave dragged me back to the hospital. Turns out I was in labor for real this time. After a long night (filled with contractions that lasted upwards of 8 minutes- AGH!) I finally got an epidural in the morning and spent the day pretty comfortable. Advice for those of you thinking about epidurals- they are so wonderful. :) At about 4 PM I began pushing... and kept pushing for about 4 hours. Dave was with me for every moment, encouraging me and helping the nurses where he could. He was also very good about taking care of me when I was a mess and scared and excited and completely worn out. The two memories that really stand out for me were the moment that I realized I was about to start pushing. It hit me then that I was about to have a baby. The second moment was when they put Ethan on my stomach right after he finally made his way out. Reaching down and realizing that there was a warm, squishy, and wiggly baby right there blew my mind.
Ethan finally arrived at 7.57 PM. He weighed 7 lbs, 9 oz and was 21 inches long. And he is the most beautiful little boy in the world (sorry all you other mommies).
It's been an amazing week since then. :)
Anyway, let me get on to the fun part already- pictures. :)
Mom and Ethan at the hospital the day after.
Proud Daddy. :)
Father/Son moment.
Beginning of the family pictures- 3 generations: Grandma, Mom, Ethan.
Ethan is already getting tired of the camera. :)
Ethan sleeps just like Daddy does. :) Deep in thought already.
1 comment:
congrats to you Deb and Dave!!! Ethan is a perfect little baby---God has blessed you so richly:) Take Care!
Post a Comment