Monday, March 2, 2009

I can't wait for someone to ask me how my weekend was...


Because it was so good! I really, really enjoyed this past weekend. It was good weather- 40's and 50's so it feels like Spring really is coming (tomorrow we're supposed to get upper 60's!).


And the best part? My dad and step-mom were in town! The drove down from Portland and are spending a week driving around Utah and Nevada before heading home. They've never been to the parks in Southern Utah so they are going to go through a few of them before heading for home. But the spent the first part of the weekend with Dave and I and it was great.


Friday we just sat around chatting- they'd never seen our condo before so they came and joined us for dinner. Saturday was an amazing day and one of those days where you just keep going (poor Dave was worn out halfway through it). Dad and Pam told Dave and I that they wanted to help us get some stuff for the baby- which was totally unexpected, but there was no way we could turn them down! What a blessing- it really was an answer to our prayers. :)


We drove down to Ikea and started looking. Let me tell you- that was an overwhelming experience. I am so glad that Dad and Pam were there to share some wisdom gained from their experiences. But the good- GREAT- news is that we have all the stuff for our baby's room! We picked up the crib (with all the attachments- like sheets, mattress protector, mattress, bumper pad, mobile, etc), a changing table/dresser, a glider for me (I love that thing), and a billion other small things that just make life easy. And we picked up some more baby clothes! I picked out some of the cutest little outfits- I am so excited. :) I don't have any pictures up yet, but you can be sure that I will by next weekend... I just need time to put it all together and get the room all set up. I am so excited!


We finished Saturday with a good (long) meal at Rodizio- I love that place. :) The pineapple and the vegetables are so good!


Sunday was a relaxing day- I cooked breakfast for everyone that morning and then we took Pookie out to the park to play some fetch and let her run around. By the way- Pookie just adored Pam. That afternoon we went and saw "Taken" which was a fun action movie. We enjoyed it. :)


Over all the weekend was just phenomenal. I loved hanging out with Dad and Pam and it was such a weight off of our chest to get some of the baby stuff. I feel so humble and blessed that our family was able to help us out in such a huge way. After looking at everything we needed (and still need to get) I am just so thankful for these gifts. :) Thank you Dad and Pam!

No comments: