Sunday, January 20, 2013

Snow!

Yeah, I am a little bit late on this post- blame the newborn.

So last weekend we got tons! of snow.  I mean that literally- if you measured it all, I'm sure it would amount to tons.  And also feet if you want to count depth.  At some places in my backyard the snow was up to my knees!  Growing up in Portland, where 2 inches of snow was a miracle, and then in Hawaii where people had only seen snow in pictures, that much snow was truly incredible.  I loved it!  I also loved that I was inside and warm and free to watch the snow come down.  I didn't love so much that my husband had to drive to work in it when it seemed like everyone else was staying home (Dave did end up leaving work before one on Friday so that was pretty awesome). 

Anyway, the point is- we got an awesome amount of snow and we had so much fun playing in it! Dave was the champion of the weekend- he knew just what to do- he dug out pathways throughout the backyard so the boys could actually get around and then he even built a sled run!  It was a lot of fun for everyone.  I also learned why it is called "powder" (before you scoff, see the above paragraph where I describe my prior snow experience).  I was out playing with the boys and I jumped on the sled (which was do-able in Portland) in order to start sledding down a little incline.  Instead I ended up sinking into the snow and sending up a cloud of snow into my face/jacket (visualize someone jumping into a mound of flour for all of you non-utahns).  Yeah, it was a surprise- the boys thought it was hilarious. 

It was a great weekend overall.  Unfortunately the weather has since gotten absolutely frigid!  We had a few below zero nights and days where the high was in the low teens. Suck! If it weren't for the boys I would have just stayed in bed all day (correction- if it weren't for the older boys, I'm sure Zeke would have been content to snuggle with me all day in bed).  Really, there have been moments where it's just been painful to try to go outside... so I haven't. :)

Anyway, check out these pix! Some of them are really fun!

Day one of the storm- our tree is covered in snow!

Ethan leaning on one of the snow banks created by our shoveling the driveway

Emery was so excited about the snow he just ran up and down the driveway (thus the blurry picture).

Snow!

Emery's idea of sledding

At work in the backyard...

Dave about to toss Ethan in the snow

Probably my favorite picture from the weekend... :) Good Timing Huh?

Ethan in the deep snow, after being tossed by Dave

Building the sled run

Dave's first run...

Ethan shoveling the driveway

Ethan's first run

Loving it!

Such a cutie yeah?

Em gets a turn too...


Look at those branches sagging under the weight of that snow..


That's how much snow we got...

And while we were outside, Zeke was fat and happy (and warm) inside...

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Such cute pictures! Love the one of Ethan being tossed into the snow! :) Zeke...cute as ever!