This week I feel like I finally got away from the audit. I still worked way too much, but I felt like fun things were sprinkled in between. Last weekend we went to Dave's brother's house to help celebrate the birthdays of Sophie and Adam. That was a lot of fun. There was a variety of family there to see and chat with (for us adults) and the youngest cousins Sophie (4), Ethan (3), Isabella (2), and Emery (1) all played together really well on the trampoline. We discovered that Emery has amazing balance. That kid could walk across the trampoline when everyone was jumping and still not fall down. It was hilarious to watch. Emery loves trampolines. He's pretty fearless when it comes to most things. He just loves being active and climbing and running. My mom thinks he's going to be the athlete of the family (we'll see, Ethan is pretty keen on Soccer).
Sunday night also started a week of Thunderstorms. I kid you not, I look forward to this one week of Thunderstorms all year long. Every August we get them and I love them. I love watching them blow in from across the lake, or up from Salt Lake Valley. The clouds are beautiful and it is just awe inspiring to sit with my family and watch the lightning and rain. Last year, we had an awesome thunder/rain storm that actually flooded the park across the street from us. Every time it rains really hard I hope that the park will flood again. I wouldn't mind an "annual swim in the park" evening.
Monday and Tuesday were still pretty stressful for me as far as work goes. Lots of last minute projects and I haven't been sleeping that well, or I've been going to bed really, really late. Monday I took the boys out the Splash Pad (I needed the break as much as they did). We basically had it to ourselves. And Monday evening we had family home evening. I made frosted brownies as a dessert. It was hilarious to watch Emery eat one- he got more of it outside of his body than inside. I think he gave up at the end and just started using the frosting as finger paint- on his stomach. Tuesday a last minute, high priority project stressed me out so badly that I gave up and called my sister in law to watch the boys for a few hours while I focused on work. Dave was also my hero that day- he came home early and saved me and watched the boys after they came back from Julie's. I was actually able to get a lot done and it made the rest of the week so much easier. I already wrote about our wonderful Thursday trip to the Zoo. Dave's cousin Jerome, and his family, has been in town this past week. We missed seeing them on Saturday, but the family had a barbecue Thursday evening so we were able to spend a little bit of time with them. It was also just fun to spend some time with Dave's family. They really are just a bunch of fun to sit around and talk to. I consider it one of my blessings that I get along so well with Dave's family and that Dave gets along so well with mine. I have heard stories of conflict between my friends and their in laws (or their husbands and their family) and that would just be hard to deal with on top of a marriage and kids and life in general.
Friday ushered in cooler weather and clouds (and more Thunderstorms!) and by that point I had pretty much given up on work related stuff completely (well, that and I was done with everything I just had to get done). So Friday we just ran free and had fun. We went to the park with our neighbors. Brittany had found a cute little park in West Bountiful. It turned out to be perfect for the little ones- lots for them to climb on and through, but it wasn't too tall or had too many scary things for them to fall off of. We had lunch and let the kids run free for a few hours. It was also the first time Ethan had ever asked for a friend to come over and play. Ethan came running up to me as we were cleaning up to leave and asked if Carson could come over to play. When I said yes, Ethan turned around to Carson (who was like 2 feet away) and asked if he could come over (Carson could over hear our entire conversation anyway). It was just cute the way that Ethan was so excited to have a friend come over to play with him. Ethan also swung all by himself in the "big boy" swing. Big milestone right there. :)
I had another doctor appointment for Baby #3... 23 weeks along. I keep thinking that I am further along than I am so the doctor appointments are great for me to check back into reality. I guess it doesn't matter how far along I think I am, I know this baby still isn't arriving until December so it doesn't matter if I think I'm 23 weeks or 25 or whatever- December will get here when it does. The doctor appointments at this point are just kind of short and sweet- measure, listen to the heartbeat, go home. Nothing much to report other than things are going along smoothly. Next time I have to do my glucose test. I dread it every time. The past 2 times I have failed the one hour test so I have to go back and do the 3 hour test. I think there is nothing more sadistic than taking a pregnant woman in her 3rd trimester, telling her to first starve herself, and then drink the equivalent of flavored syrup, and then poke her multiple times for the next 3-4 hours. I hate it. But the good news is that between the last time I did the test and this time, they've allowed the moms to eat a meal before the drink instead of fasting. I hope that makes a difference for me this time...
I also found out that my sister, McKenzie, is going to be here for the baby's arrival! I am seriously excited. I'm already planning out all of the fun activities we are going to do before we go to the hospital. One of our Christmas traditions as I was growing up was to have a big Christmas Eve dinner- really fancy. I am already looking forward to it this year (Dave tells me I'm crazy), but I think I am most excited that McKenzie will be able to share it with us- we're going to do it a little early so that she can be here for it before she heads back to Portland for Christmas. Unfortunately, I think I am going to miss out on my other (newer) favorite family tradition- Spanish Christmas Dinner. Dave's family has a real Spanish dinner catered on Christmas Day Evening- Paella, Croquettas, Arroz con Leche, crunchy bread, salad, etc. Ah, I look forward to that meal every year from the moment I finish it.
And now we're in the middle of a 3 day weekend. We don't have any special plans, just spend time together as a family. Dave is going to work on the basement a little bit tomorrow, so I'll have some more pictures to post next week (I hope). And it's back to school week- the neighborhood is going to seem a lot quieter starting on Tuesday. And Thursday is Ethan's big day!
Dave is loving his classes. He's starting to get used to the change in routine that is required of him. Basically as soon as we get the kids to bed, we pull out our computers at the kitchen table and work together until one of us taps out (we've been staying up way too late lately). It's really important to me to have the kids work on their homework at the kitchen table (in the future), so we can help each other and work together and I feel like Dave and I have really started that now (setting a good foundation for the future). Dave's classes are challenging him in a such a good way and he's still really excited about them. And that makes me excited for him. :)
And that's another week for us....
Ethan's Exercise for the day.
Emery's joy.
For the life of me, I can't seem to keep Ethan's swim shorts up. He makes one lap around the splash pad and this is what he looks like.
Emery is becoming quite social- here he is trying to make a friend.
The boys playing well together.
The beginning of the brownie debacle.
If you look at his fist you can see where he's squished the remains of one.
Such a happy, dirty boy.
At the park on Friday- Ethan swung in the "big boy" swing for the first time by himself.
That's Brittany helping him to figure it out.










No comments:
Post a Comment