Okay, this morning I have to admit that I am just not up to par. In fact, I am close to hating everyone. Okay, that's definitely an exageration, but you know the feeling where you wake up and you just don't have enough patience to go around? I kind of feel like that- everyone annoys me, well except my husband and my son.
Things have been going well in general for all of us out here in Utah. Dave is going to Ohio this weekend. I am excited for him and nervous for myself- it will be the first time that it's just going to be me, Ethan, and Pookie for 4 days. I love those breaks that Dave provides and I know it's going to be a long weekend without him. :(
The following weekend I am going to Portland (with Ethan). I am pretty excited about that. I am so excited for my dad and step mom, and my sister and bro in law to see Ethan. He is just the cutest! This weekend we practiced having him balance on his hands and knees. He's getting pretty good at it! Not long til he's crawling now!
Dave and I are also extremely excited to announce (hahaha... I can imagine all of you thinking the worst)... that we've finally paid off all of our credit card debt. It's been a hard road, but we are so proud of ourselves! We have so much more freedom now and things are looking on the up and up. Now just to tackle those pesky medical and dental bills.
Anyway, back to the subject of this blog posting... Dave and I have had the most horrible neighbors for over a year now. Last night I honestly spent over an hour in prayer trying to figure out why we had been stuck with them. Did we need to learn tolerance? patience? how to literaly love our neighbor? did we need to learn how to stand up for ourselves? WHAT!? Off and on our neighbors have been loud, rude, destructive, and generally a thorn in my butt. They have two pit bulls that they don't pick up after- even when it's in front of their door. They have parties consistently complete with multiple people slamming doors all night and cursing and loud bass. Last night it really felt like the last straw. Dave and I were up until 3 AM after having gone over there to ask them to quiet down and having called security twice. Believe me, if we could move we would have. Sounds like our condo complex is trashy huh? It's not. It's filled with (generally) wonderful people and Dave and I have loved our condo, but our neighbors just drive us crazy. So my new campaign is to "pray my neighbors away!" Sounds silly or even blasphemous? Then pray that the Lord provides us with a new home! Who knows. Something needs to change though.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment