Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Portland

Dave and I at Crown Point- overlooking the Columbia Gorge.

Dave and I at Wahkeena Falls

Okay, this post is going to be chock full of pictures so I hope you are ready. :)

Dave and I went to Portland for the weekend to visit my family. Yes (most of) my family was in ONE place during the SAME weekend. Jamieson is about to head to Iraq so it was a chance for all of us to get together and wish him well and just enjoy ourselves.

Let's see- Friday evening Dave and I flew out. After some last minute catastrophes (we needed to find somewhere new for Pookie to spend the weekend) Dave and I made to the airport in the nick of time- to find out our airplane had been delayed an hour (I hate flying and delays don't help). We finally made it to Portland where my Dad picked us up and drove us to our hotel (with a stop at Jack in the Box). It was so good to see Mom and Dad (Tom) and Dad (Greg) and McKenzie, Doss, and Jamieson. What a group we were! It was a pretty early night for Dave and I- the boys (Doss and Jamieson) went out drinking and everyone else went to bed.
Saturday we woke up early and headed out to the Columbia Gorge for some pictures and hiking. McKenzie and Doss were both working that morning- so the five of us (Dad, Mom, Jamieson, me and Dave) crammed into Mom's rental car- which I think fits 2 comfortably. I love the Columbia Gorge- it is really just so beautiful. The first stop was Wahkeena Falls followed up by Multnomah Falls. We ended with a visit to Crown Point.

Dave at Wahkeena Falls

Jamieson, Me, Mom, and Dad (Tom) at Wahkeena falls.

Jamieson, Dave, Mom, and Dad at Wahkeena Falls
Dave and I at Multnomah Falls- Bro snuck in the back at the last minute.

Jamieson, Mom, Dave at Multnomah Falls.
I also made Dave hike up to the bridge (in the background) with me.

And then that afternoon was OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry). I love that place. They were having a Da Vinci exhibit- they had some of his notebooks and a lot of his inventions. The entire second floor was pretty much devoted to the Mona Lisa, which was a little bit overkill, but oh well. The fun part has always been the hands on "learning" stuff. I learned that my brother is a much better engineer than I am and that Dave makes some pretty awesome paper airplanes.

Dave and Jamieson playing with balls.

Dave shooting 2 liter bottle into the air
(using water and air to build pressure in the bottle)

Saturday ended at DeNicolas- our family's favorite pizza place. I had been waiting to eat pizza here since we first started planning the trip to Portland. Unfortunately, I got really sick right before dinner started (seriously, as they were putting the food down in front of us). I managed to eat about 1/4 of a piece of pizza before my sister had to drive us back to the hotel. Boo. It was another early night for Dave and I, but by that time we were pretty exhausted.

Sunday Morning was Easter Breakfast. We all managed to get up and out at a pretty decent time. After breakfast we had enough time to hang out at my sister's place before my dad drove Dave and I to the airport.

Dad (Greg), Jamieson, Doss, McKenzie, Henry, Dave, me
(That fuzzy thing up by Doss's head is Henry- their dog.
Henry looks like an Ewok and sounds like one too. Possibly the cutest dog ever- after Pookie)
And the flight home was pretty chill.

And the big thing- Bro got his The Giving Tree Tattoo - so the set is now complete. :)

No comments: